The Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation welcomes professionals actively involved in all fields of transplantation.
The benefits of membership:
- The opportunity to be part of a regional network of physicians, surgeons and scientists involved in transplantation
- Free online access to the journal “Experimental and Clinical Transplantation”, the official journal of The Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation
- Substantially reduced rates for subscription to print copies of “Experimental and Clinical Transplantation”
- Entitlement to apply to take part in a fellowship program in one of several leading transplantation centers in the Middle East
- Reduced registration fee at the biennial international congresses which provide an innovative and comprehensive overview of the latest research developments in the field transplantation
- Voting and nomination rights for the election of MESOT Officers and Councilors (Regular members only)
- MESOT newsletter updating members about the latest activities in the transplant community
- Access to the online MESOT Member Directory
Categories of membership:
Regular Membership: Regular Members are eligible to hold office in the society and may vote for the election of officers and all matters brought before the general assembly. Applicants must have completed basic training in surgery, medicine, immunology or a related medical field to transplantation, must be actively engaged in the field of organ transplantation and must reside in the Middle East, North Africa, and neighboring Mid-Asian countries.
Annual fee: $60.00 (Includes online access to Experimental and Clinical Transplantation)
Candidate/Non-Physician Membership: non-physicians actively working in the field of transplantation and medical doctors in their training period are eligible to become Candidate Members. Candidate Members do not have the right to vote and are be eligible to hold office in the society.
Annual fee: $30.00 (Includes online access to Experimental and Clinical Transplantation)
Associate Membership: Persons residing outside of the Middle East, North Africa and Mid-Asia, and other persons actively engaged in organ transplantation are eligible to become Associate Members. They must have similar qualifications and apply in the same manner as Regular Members but do not have the right to vote and are not eligible to hold office in the society.
Annual fee: $50.00 (Includes online access to Experimental and Clinical Transplantation)
Honorary Membership: Candidates for Honorary Membership must have a distinguished record in transplantation surgery, medicine or immunology and must have the unanimous support of the membership committee and the council before being presented to the membership for election by a two/thirds majority. Honorary Members shall not be eligible to vote or to hold office.
Annual fee: none (Includes online access to Experimental and Clinical Transplantation)
Supporting Membership: Individuals, institutions or organizations offering substantial financial support to the society are eligible to become Supporting Members. They do not have the right to vote, are not be eligible to hold office and shall not exceed 10% of the total membership.
Please contact the MESOT Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply for this category.