The Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation is pleased to announce the establishment of the MESOT Fellowship Program of 1-2 years in duration for physicians and surgeons from the Middle East region willing to acquire some particular skills related to various aspects of organ transplantation.
The objective of this program is to promote and advance organ transplantation in under-served areas of this region of the world by helping them to establish local transplant programs or to improve an existing program.
A limited number of grants are available for the time being.
- Specific questions about this application and/or the MESOT Fellowship Program should be directed to the Chairman of the Fellowship Committee.
- The application for fellowship should be supported by the country representative in the society.
- All applicants should apply from their home countries where they work along with a letter of intent from the center.
- The MESOT Transplantation Fellowship Program Committee will make the selection and nominate the accepted fellows and the respective centers where they will be trained.
- Selected fellows cannot be assigned for training inside their home countries as MESOT fellowship intends to enhance cooperation and exchange expertise between Middle East countries.
- A grant of up to 10,000 US dollars can be offered from MESOT to each accepted fellow for the whole duration of his fellowship training program. The fellow will only be allowed to get the grant upon successful completion of his probationary period (starting the 4th month).
- The training will be in English and a reasonable knowledge of the language is necessary.
- The duration of fellowship is one to two years depending on the curriculum and intensity of the training center fellowship program, with a probation period of 3 months.
- The fellow's activities during the fellowship need to be submitted to the "MESOT Fellowship Program committee" which will do a preliminary evaluation before referring to the MESOT council for concerted final decision about approving or possibly issuing a certification of graduation.
- The procedure shall be finalized upon approval by the MESOT council.
The application deadline is the 30th of June of each year
Individual interested in this training program should direct their inquiries to:
Mustafa Al-Mousawi, MD, FRCS
Chairman, MESOT Fellowship Program
P.O.Box 288, Safat 13003
Applications for the 2013 programs are now closed. Deadline for new applications for 2014 is end of July 2014.